This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
“We” (or “us”) means Symphony Short Stays Ltd, a private limited company, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 12956433 whose registered office is 113a Warwick Street, Leamington Spa, England, CV32 4QZ
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website, which is owned and controlled by us (“our site”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
Information collection & use
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, reserving one of our properties via a third party such as booking.com or Airbnb, and booking agents on your behalf. In the case of indirect bookings, we may still ask you directly to verify such personal information necessary to confirm and reserve the apartment for you.
The information we collect includes,
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, home address, gender, date of birth, etc.)
- Government issued ID i.e., passport or drivers license
- Electronic signature
- The names of other guests (if over 16 years of age)
- Information about your accommodation requirements such as budget, length of stay and accommodation type
- Such other information as required under The Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972
- IP address
- Geolocation information
- Analytical information about your visit to our website, including the full URL, properties viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information such as click throughs and mouse-overs.
We may also receive information about you from third parties. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared with us. We work with third parties for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and may receive information about you through those services.
How will we use your data?
- Providing you with support, handling complaints and contacting you when we believe it is necessary
- Process your reservation and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Prevent fraud.
- Analyse patterns and trends in our reservations.
- Sending you notifications, messages, communications, and announcements related to your reservation
- Improving and customizing the Service and developing new services
- Complying with any applicable law and assisting law enforcement agencies and competent authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified; and
- Taking any action in any case of dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to our Service
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on our website
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our properties and services.
We will not knowingly or intentionally share information that can be reasonably used to reveal your identity without your consent. When we process your reservation, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Symphony will in accordance with The Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972, for all persons aged 16 or older and keep check-in and guest information for a period of at least 12 months from the date of arrival.
Data collected directly from us via our social media presence will be deleted from our systems as soon as the purpose for their storage lapses, you ask us to delete it, you revoke your consent to the storage or the purpose for the data storage lapses. Stored cookies remain on your device until you delete them. Mandatory statutory provisions – in particular, retention periods – remain unaffected.
We have no control over the storage duration of your data that are stored by the social network operators for their own purposes.
Symphony would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com
We shall use email address data only for the sending of the requested information and shall not share such data with any third parties. You may revoke the consent you have given to the archiving of data, the e-mail address and the use of this information for the sending of the newsletter at any time, by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the newsletter.
After you unsubscribe from the newsletter distribution list, your e-mail address may be stored by us or the newsletter service provider in a blacklist to prevent future mailings. The data from the blacklist is used only for this purpose and not merged with other data. This serves both your interest and our interest in complying with the legal requirements when sending newsletters.
We also reserve the right to delete or block e-mail addresses from our newsletter distribution list.
Our website uses Google’s mapping service Google Maps. To enable the use of the Google Maps features, your IP address must be stored. As a rule, this information is transferred to one of Google’s servers in the United States, where it is archived. The operator of this website has no control over the data transfer.
For more information on the handling of user data, please review Google’s Data Privacy Declaration under: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Understanding how you use our website
- Tracking visits to our site
What types of cookies do we use?
Our website uses:
- Functionality – There so we can recognize you on our website and remember previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
- Advertising – These cookies collect information about your visit to our website, content viewed, links followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.